What you’ll learn
introduce oneself informally and formally
27 most frequent regular verbs and THE 24 most frequent irregular verbs
the most important tenses (present, stare+ gerundio and passato prossimo)
describe one’s house, family
Welcome to this complete Italian course for English speakers
I created this course thinking of 3 fundamental things:
1. The phrases, dialogues and words that I use in this course are useful, they are the words of a frequency list, that is, the list of words that are most used in a language in order of frequency.
2. I structured this course in 3 different types of classes:
vocabulary classes and
essential grammar classes
The grammar rules are clear and explained in a simple way with clear examples and exercises.
3. The exercises are mainly active translation, English-Italian translations, I will say the sentences in English and you have to translate them into Italian.
You can see the sentences on the screen only after saying the phrases in Italian aloud,
There are some texts to write, that correspond to the writing parts of the level A1 of Italian certification exams. (CILS A1)
What I recommend is that you notice the mistakes you make, and if in one exercise you made too many mistakes, I recommend you do it again.
This type of exercise has many advantages: it is very useful for the brain to be fast in the active language, you will immediately notice the different structures that exist in Italian and English, it reduces the time of linguistic decoding, it gives you an immediate answer concerning your progress and this thing increases motivation. You can listen to the audio of these exercises in down time: by car, at the post office or just when you are going for a walk, I always do it when I learn a new language.
Who this course is for:
- English speakers who want to learn Italian seriously
- students interested in obtaining an official Italian certification in the future